A worker in Pakistan wrote: "Come before Winter. There are some things you just can't put off. The winter snows are coming, the passes will close, and the kids will start dying. Pakistan already lost thousands of children when schools and homes collapsed in the quake. I was going to wait to write you until we returned home...But that will be too late. We can't wait until December. January will be too late. We need to get people and money here NOW. Come before winter."

Thursday, November 17, 2005

To serve the people of Kashmir

Help me raise the $3500 I need to go and serve in Pakistan. I plan to leave in two weeks and will be paying for plane tickets by then.

The tentative schedule is to be in Phoenix, by noon, December 4. Leave early on the 5th for Pakistan and stay until the 17th. Finish debrief by noon, December 18 in Phoenix, at which point I would fly to Winnipeg to meet my family for Christmas. It will be a whirlwind, but a life-saving one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home